Auto Body & Paintless Dent Repair.
In Case of an Accident
One In Eight Is Pretty High!
According to the National Safety Council, one in every eight drivers will be involved in a motor vehicle accident this year.
That may mean you! Are you prepared? Would you know what to do and what questions to ask?
Here is a list of 11 easy steps to remember, as compiled by the National Safety Council:
• Stop your vehicle if it is clear, safe and legal.
• Move the vehicle out of the traveled roadway, if it is clear, safe and legal. (In some states it is against the law to move the vehicle from the place where the accident occurred. Check the ordinance in your area.)
• Turn off the ignitions of the cars involved.
• Make a first aid check of all persons involved in the accident.
• Call the police and, if necessary, emergency medical services.
• Mark the scene of the accident with flares or retroreflective triangles.
• Gather the names* of all persons in the motor vehicles and people who witnessed the accident.
• Make a quick diagram of where the vehicle occupants were seated and indicate the vehicles' direction of travel and lane. Also note the date, time and weather conditions.
• Ask to see the other driver's license* and write down the number.
• Exchange insurance information. DO NOT discuss "fault" or make statements about the accident to anyone but the police.
• Get a copy of the police report of the accident from the local precinct.
*Don't just let an insurance company tell you where to take your car. It's your car and you should choose who you want to repair it.
Call or Text