Call or Text
Auto Body & Paintless Dent Repair.
Do I Have To Go Where The Insurance Company Suggests?
No. According to Colorado law, you have the right to take your vehicle anywhere you want.
Check the reputation of any shop you are considering. Bad repairs can last forever.
We will work on your behalf with your insurance company to demand the best repair for your vehicle. We will manage your claim from start to finish and save you from any potential hassle. Our staff has years of experience working with insurance companies to insure the process goes smoothly.
Whether or not GT Car Shop is part of your particular Insurance company's Direct Repair Program, we will communicate with the assigned claim adjuster regarding all repair procedures necessary to insure you get the best repairs possible.
Who’s The Boss?
Outside of the vehicle owner themselves, the auto body industry generally consists of two main
1. The repair shop
2. The insurance companies
Most damaged cars and trucks will involve an insurance claim. If you are the owner of one of these cars, you will either be the:
1. Insured, or
The repair shop is in the business to repair your vehicle back to its pre-accident condition and is considered the ‘experts’ in vehicle repairs. These responsibilities include:
1. Repairing or replacing the structural components of the vehicle and insuring it’s designed safety and strength
2. Repairing or replacing the mechanical damage for proper functionality
3. Repairing or replacing the damaged sheet metal parts back to the manufacturer design
4. Restoring the paint finish to match the original manufacturers finish & color as best as possible
The insurance company is in the position of paying for these damages on behalf of the responsible person or business holding the insurance policy. Their business typically involves generating as much income through policies, premiums, and investments, while paying out as little as possible. This is where their expertise resides.
Do I have to accept whatever the insurance company says?
No, but many companies will assume a position of ‘control and expertise’ from the very beginning of a claim. Many customers mistakenly succumb to the manipulative techniques of these type companies. Though you may be told that they are trying to keep the cost of the repairs down to keep premiums affordable, keep in mind how much a Super Bowl commercial costs and you will get an idea of one of the real reasons they might want to keep repair costs down. Have some time? Check out the profit and loss reports of any insurance company.
Here are things you may want to remember:
• This is your vehicle—not theirs!
• Diminished resale value from inferior repairs or parts will be realized by you, not the insurance company
• There are laws made to protect you that are often blatantly broken by some insurance companies, one being the law that prohibits the ‘steering’ of any customer to a particular shop or shops
• Most of the insurance adjusters and estimators have never worked on a car yet may claim to be the experts in repairs.
You deserve to have your vehicle repaired correctly. If you are a claimant, the person who hit you is responsible for the repair costs for your vehicle. If their insurance company is not willing to pay for the complete, quality repairs according to your chosen shop, you may be able to re-coop the balance from them directly.
• Please feel free ask us for our opinion and recommendation of those insurance companies that handle their responsibilities with integrity from our perspective.
We will work on your behalf with all insurance companies.
You can have your vehicle repaired by us whether we are on a program with your involved insurance company or not, and our warranty is real.
Don’t fall prey to the manipulation of a mega dollar Meany!